Monday, May 6, 2013

It's that time of the year again!

It's exam season again! Oh joy. Sense the tone bro.

Anyhu. It's that time of the year where we don't care what we look like, what we eat, when we eat, when we sleep, if we sleep and so on. It's that time of the year when all you can think about is "Am I going to pass?" "Will I fail?" "Submissions" "Reading" "Studying"...grr...so many things!

Why are exams always so stressful? I mean, I'm not one to speak. I've one exam. But I'm speaking for students in general. Why is it such a big deal?! Is this pass or fail going to determine who you are? Define your personality? Create your future?

Deadlines!
Photograph by Author
Then again, to a certain extent, it does define who you are. After all, you are studying your course because you like it. Unless you're being forced to do it. In which case I would advice you to actually do what you like and not do something to impress or satisfy people. But what you study defines you. I study Media and English Literature and that does define me. I love art. I love media. I love writing. Everything I like is related to my course, which is a huge part of my personality. Furthermore, I am eventually going to head for a career that is related to what I study. So I guess it matters. Darn it!

There's really no point in this post really. If you're a regular reader, you'll understand that this is my stress buster. For all those with exams coming up, good luck! Just keep calm and go ace those papers! Peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment