Friday, May 30, 2014

#selfie

A few weeks back, my friends and I were discussing the concept of a selife. What is a selfie? In simple terms, it's when one takes a picture of himself by clicking at the time; no timer, no anything..or at least that's my understanding.

However, we were looking at it from a different point of view. Do we take selifes because we are lonely? I mean, think about it...you're taking a perfect picture of yourself, just so that the other people (who look at the selfie) can appreciate it...unless of course you do not upload it on a social network...in which case...you just take selfies, for fun? I dunno.

On the other hand, maybe selfies help you increase your self confidence? I mean, you keep clicking pictures of yourself until you click the perfect one, where everything is flawless. That increases your self confidence, because for once, your mirror and the camera reached an agreement. However, there are also a variety of selifies...like "ugly selfies" and "tape selfies"...but let's not go there.

It's all a technology dominant world. Let's try and bring back the days of film roll cameras...where a picture was actually worth a thousand words...and not a loss of thousand words, like today. With that, I shall end with The Chainsmoker's parody on "selfies". Enjoy!


The Chainsmokers - #SELFIE


No comments:

Post a Comment