Tuesday, June 11, 2013

University Days

So I haven't blogged for over a month now. I don't even have a valid excuse. I've been on break since May 7th. Sigh pie. I guess the blog was becoming too personal for me. I need to keep some things to myself also, noh?

Having said that, this post is a very light topic.

Guess what?! I'm in India! Bangalore, to be specific. It's good to walk around without a jacket. Feel humidity. Enjoy thunder and lightening. Eat dosas. I'm so gonna get lazy these holidays.

University life is fun. Don't get me wrong. But when you live alone, you realise the amount of home chores your parents (and if you've a maid) do! Oh so many! Cooking, for instance, is so much fun! On the other paw, doing the dishes? Bleh. Cleaning your room every week is a must. The sense of organisation is needed when you're studying. Finding your textbook among your clothes pile is a sign that you need to clean your room.

Don't even get me started on living with your friends. I mean, no offence. It's a shit load fun when you're staying in a flat with your friends (or roommate). But that interferes with your routine. You'll be busy studying or pondering over some stuff when someone knocks on your door. It'll be for a minute's job but damn! You'll stand there talking for hours! No privacy bro.

University life and living alone gets you active. You tend to become more responsible and empathise (literally) with your parents. One thing to always keep in mind is the reason you're there. Study, get a degree, work. Life is very mechanical that way. But that's only because we always look at the broad picture. Look at it in detail, and you'll find the reason why life is so totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment