Friday, August 23, 2013

Heartbeat

Last night, as I was falling asleep, I could hear this constant beating sound. My head was on the pillow and I could hear it...with a constant beat every second. I knew what it was. But it made me think...as a kid, I didn't know what it was. And I had many theories about it.

1. Little ants are gathering matchsticks
2. Little men are cleaning my pillow while singing songs
3. Little people are playing African Drums
4. Someone is washing clothes inside my pillow
5. Partayyy!

Anyway...for those of you who are still lost, that sound is a heartbeat. Sound is clearest through solids. So my heartbeat could be heard so clearly because the sound of it traveled through my body into the solid pillow.

This made me realise...the heart is such a small organ. Yet it plays such a huge role in our life. It's what makes us survive. Literally! Physically, it pumps blood throughout the body. Emotionally, it makes us love...and emote otherwise.

That moment while I was lying down, I heard my heartbeat for almost 15 minutes continuously. Those were the longest 15 minutes of my life. But it was a moment that made me realise how time flies. How I can utilise 15 minutes in life. Time is a sort of perspective. It depends on how we look at it. We just don't have control over it. That's all.

Such a small thing...such a loud message. The wonders of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment