Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Updates, Travel, Thoughts & Discussions

I know I haven't blogged in ages and the handful of people who actually read my blog, I sincerely apologise. But I do have my reasons. I'm travelling! From Bangalore to Dubai to New York to Toronto! Yes. That's a lot. Expect a lot of travelogues soon!

Moving on, recently, while I was in Bangalore, my career options dawned upon me. I decided that travel journalism is it. I mean, who doesn't love travelling? And I also discussed all these thoughts with my friends and family. To which many people asked me or told me, "Watch Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani!" and am like...okay? Apparently the main character is a traveler. Yay him!

So 2 days back, I finally watched the movie. I'm not going to review it. But this further led to a more interesting conversation with my sister. I said the movie was ironic as the character who had traveled the most knew less about life than the character who had stayed put in one city. To which my sister added on..."Travelers go and see touristy places; the same place that every man would see. One who stays put in a place knows every corner of the city...they explore the unexplored and discover something new." Which is life, right? We'd all rather discover something new rather than dwell on the same things over and over.

So that's my post folks. More will come up probably around September.
Happy Summer everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment