Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Queen of Procrastination

It's 13:43pm; 
And am writing a poem!
What a way to distract myself,
From a fat book on my shelf.

It's the exam season now;
1 down, 4 more to go.
But how? 
How do I study?
With distractions;
Oh! So many!
Distractions that were never;
Never! So interesting;
During the summer...

It's sad, you may think;
And yes it is,
Because my grades will sink!
But what do I care?
I'll get my revenge!

Many years down the lane,
When am long dead and gone.
My great-great-great grand kids,
Will kill their memories of me,
With a stone!

Why, you ask?
I'll tell you why!
This very poem, 
They will all read!

All because of my boredom;
They perform a bad deed.

I don't regret;
And I will never!
It's all a cycle-
A cycle of life;
From generation to generation;
I'll remain forever,
The Queen of Procrastination.

© Anupama Subramaniyam  

4 comments: