Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Commitment Issues

I am currently reading Chetan Bhagat's 2 States and came across a rather interesting quote:

'You know what baffles me,' Ananya said, 'how you men need so much time to think about commitment, but how you need no time at all to decide when you have to sleep with the girl.'

Sure, in the novel the guy ends up asking the girl to marry him. But what happens in real life? Maybe girls don't go to the extent of sleeping with every guy, maybe some girls do; I don't know. But why the fuck* are guys so scared of commitment?

Just yesterday, I was talking to a friend. He described being in a relationship as "sporadic". Made it sound like a game. Gah. It's sad that most guys blame the girls and say we complicate things. Do you not realise that you are the ones who complicate things? Maybe not all guys, but the same way, not all girls are complicated either.

I don't know why I am writing this post. I guess it's the knotted feeling inside. I have a theory: You like a guy, you tell him if you think he can handle it. Sadly, none of the guys I liked could handle it. Bleh.

Commitment or no commitment, one must get past the tunnel. Like Chandler. I mean come on! If Chandler can do it, so can you! :P

*Mom, Dad and everyone else not used to abusive language, I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment