Saturday, March 2, 2013

Priority or Option?

This post is dedicated to my family, Amma, Appa, Akka and Jiju, two of my close friends (read sisters) that I've always been thankful to have met, Betty and Seni; and lastly, my friends.

Two posts in a day. Very unlike me. But as regular readers will know, blogging is a way of letting it all out for me. Of course a journal would be ideal. I did start, but it made no sense to me. Why blog and maintain a journal? Plus, a journal is more personal. This isn't.

So, ever been in that situation in life where you do not know whether you are a priority or an option? If you haven't, then you must be one hell of a perfect person. There's always phases in life where you felt used. Maybe a "friend" who has "not spoken to you in a long time" suddenly wants to "compare" (copy) homework. Maybe your friends call you only if they need favours. It's normal.

In life, there's always those bunch of people who will keep you as an option rather than a priority. Why? Because these people are friends. It's very rare for friends to (excuse me for saying this) "tag" you as priority. If there's anyone in the world who prioritizes you rather than look at you as an option, it's your family. If you do have friends who prioritize you, hold on to them. Because they are amazingly rare.

It's always a "Use and Throw" option with people. If they need you, they will use you. Once you're not needed, you're thrown. It's not always the case, but life does take you through a similar situation. Having said all this, I'm not saying everyone is like that. As I said earlier, there are some rare cases.

I've also made it a point to try and incorporate songs that relate to my blogposts. So here goes to my family and friends:


The Remembrandts - I'll Be There For You

No comments:

Post a Comment